At our last Troop meeting, we had shared that we would continue to monitor the expected weather situation for our weekend outing and would make a final determination by today.
At this point, the weather looks like it will (mostly) cooperate, so we will proceed with our campout, but with the following changes:
- We will not depart on Friday night (they’re still expecting rain from Friday afternoon to most of the night).
- We will depart on Saturday morning instead. Please arrive by 6:45a at CVS for check-in. We’ll need to hit the road by 7:00a.
- Because of the change in departure:
- Everyone should take care of their own breakfast prior to departure. We will not have breakfast at the camp – first meal in camp will be lunch.
- Patrols may want to consider moving their hot breakfast meal, usually cooked on Saturday morning, to Sunday instead. The adult patrol will do exactly that.
- Everyone purchasing food should alter their menu accordingly to remove one breakfast from their meal plan.
Also, please be aware that even though we are not expecting rain for Saturday and Sunday, a Scout should always prepared. In addition, the weekend will be very brisk, the daytime high for Saturday is forecasted to be 47 degrees (yes, that’s the high) and the night low at 30 degrees. Please prepare accordingly.
With everyone’s cooperation, it will be a great weekend!
Yours in Scouting,
Mr. Cardenas, SM T-777